LIVING TO THE FULLEST MEASURE
(A small teaching)
The Bible teaches that we were born separated from God because of our sins. We inherited this nature from Adam and Eve when they disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden.
Out of this nature, we do things that are opposed to the principles of God. Let us see what I really God’s will for our lives here on earth, apart from the callings and giftings we have.
Here are four important things, I believe.
- 1. Wholeness is God’s Will for you
John 10:10 (Complete Jewish Bible)
10 The thief comes only in order to steal, kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, life in its fullest measure.
We ought to ‘teach health’ as one of the important facets of discipleship.
If we are to carry the message of Jesus, which is primarily the Gospel, then as a ‘messenger’ we need to have sound health.
- 2. You must always be a faithful steward till you go home to Heaven
Who is a steward…?
- • A steward is someone who handles affairs for someone else.
- • In ancient kingdoms, stewards ran the country in the absence of the king. Upon the king’s return, the steward gave a full accounting for his actions. Even when the king was present, the steward often handled the daily affairs of the kingdom.
- • However, a steward did not own the kingdom.
- • And the king determined when and how long a steward would serve him.
In Scripture we find many examples of stewards being placed over the affairs of their masters.
Abram had a steward.
Joseph was a steward.
Adam was a steward.
All men are stewards.
Check this out…
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.”
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
- 3. Your Sick bodies reflect your mind and spirit
Research shows that:
The body, mind, and spirit are interconnected.
Many would say that our souls are where we have our will, our mind, and our emotions.
It’s where we make our choices, do our thinking, and have our feelings.
Our spirit and body are connected by the thinking and feeling that occur in our souls.
The Bible shows that:
God made each of us in a marvellous way with a spirit, a soul, and a body.
He wants us to be whole. The Message translation of the Bible tells us in
1 Thess 5:23
MESSAGE 23 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body.
- 4. Become practical in a busy world
If your soul is still wounded, perhaps you’d benefit from talking with your pastor, or an elder, to show you how those wounds can be mended by receiving and experiencing more completely, the love of Jesus.
Seven Successful habits of Victorious Christians…
- 1. THEY SPEND AN ORGANISED TIME ALONE WITH GOD AND HIS WORD.
- 2. THEY PRAY DAILY. IT IS THEIR LIFE-LONG PRACTICE.
- 3. IF THEY HAVE A BUSY DAY…THEY WILL SUBMIT THOSE BUSY TIMES TO HIM FIRST.
- 4. THEY ALWAYS KEEP ASKING GOD FOR WISDOM AND REVELATION. Eph 1:17
- 5. THEY KEEP IN CLOSE FELLOWSHIP WITH GODLY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
- 6. THEY EAT RIGHT, EXERCISE RIGHT AND SLEEP RIGHT.
- 7. THE JOY OF THE LORD IS THEIR STRENGTH.
It takes courage to reflect and honestly assess your personal beliefs, emotions and habits that could be affecting your emotional, spiritual and physical health.
We all would like to be whole in spirit, mind, and body, yet so many of us do not enjoy that wholeness. We have settled for living a life that is something less than God intends for us.
Let’s get going then.